Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fishes Come True






Okay, so I tried something very different for this Christmas card. The colors are not traditional by any means. Golden rod, purple and green. Anyway I tried to follow the challenge that Sparkle gave us this week.

"This week is going to be a double challenge. The first part is the sketch. The second part is to use 1 colored cardstock (I don't count your image if it's on white), 2 stamps, 2 embellishments, and 5 pieces of paper. "

I think I did it, with actually 3 embellishments instead of 2. Not sure if you can consider the corner a piece of paper or not, but I call it an embellishment. And I had to move things around a bit in order to make it fit. You can't see it in the the photo but I even added some glossy accents to the cats eyes to make them POP.

2 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! I finally got my Mr. Linky link fixed. They switched servers, so I had to get moved. Thanks!

PS, I've already added your card.

Anonymous said...

Gena, it's such a cute card!!!!

But, I need your help.....I'm looking for a stamp..it's a fairy ballerina with her magic wand...she's looking to her left...has her long skinny wings showing, and standing on her left foot with the other leg bent and the foot sticks out to her right side....cute wand in her left hand with a star tip on it..... I'm DYING to find it...it looks like a bella or stella, but I'll be darned if I can find it.....

Got any idea? My e-mail: williamryman@sbcglobal.net.....and I'll be forever grateful. Miss ya on CPS...miss your cards, but I watch your blog..lol

Hugs...Judie (sillyoldgramma)